GRADUATION 2020 LAST UPDATE... HOPEFULLY
HCHS's Class of 2020 is set to graduate TOMORROW, THURSDAY, MAY 21, 2020, at 10:00 AM at the National Peanut Festival Fairgrounds amphitheatre. MAKE SURE YOU ARE COMPLIANT TO THE LETTER ON THE DRESS CODE. MAKE SURE THAT THERE HAVE NOT BEEN ANY EMBELLISHMENTS MADE TO CAP OR GOWN. MAKE SURE THAT "GRILLS" ARE LEFT AT HOME.
SENIORS: LEAVE YOUR PHONES IN YOUR CAR OR WITH YOUR FOLKS NOT ON YOUR PERSON!
1. Enter at the BIG PEANUT and the huge Pnut Festival
2. Enter through gates. This is where you MUST present your ticket ad have it checked off the list.
3. HCHS Seniors will be directed to park in rows 10-13. ONLY HCHS SENIORS MAY PARK HERE AND THE SENIOR MUST BE ALONE. If they have a passenger, it MUST another HCHS SENIOR that is also graduating. NO EXCEPTIONS. Seniors may ride with parents but will not be able to park in this area.
4. All will enter through gate at the ticket booth. This is the only entrance. Senior will follow the black top road down to the space BEHIND THE STAGE. We have a lot to fill you in with so don't tarry. With no practice, we have to tell you a lot in a short period of time! NO ONE but seniors are allowed behind the stage or in the staging area except faculty and staff who are assisting in the ceremony.
5. Seniors will sit in the bleachers in front of the stage. Top ten will be first row with five on one side and five on the other. Skip a row, the honor court will lead the next row and it will hold six on one side and six on the other. After the honor court, the remainder of the senior class will be in alphabetical order with the seating continuing in that six per side fashion until all are seated. Look for the number on the bench.
6. Parents and spectators MUST BRING THEIR OWN CHAIR. The audience will be seated on the grassy knoll in those lawn chairs. Follow the designated boundaries for sitting. The knoll is shaped similiar to a stadium so it doesn't matter if you are on the front row or fifth row. The seniors won't really be visible until they walk across the stage.
7. No parents or spectators are allowed in the bleacher area. A photographer will be on hand to take pictures of each senior receiving their diploma cover. The ceremony will be shown as a watchparty on the school's facebook group page. There will be a screen on the stage as well for showing words to pledge, the Lord's Prayer, the Alma mater, the minimized slideshow, and the speakers as they deliver their speeches and the seniors as they receive their diploma covers.
8. Once the ceremony is over, the seniors will march to the ticket office once more to receive their diploma packets, banners, and whatever else we need to disburse. Likewise, at this point, if you intend to PURCHASE MEDALS, TOP TEN CORDS, or HONOR CORDS, they must be either paid for at this time or returned (Medals: $20; Top Ten Cords: $12; Honor Court Cords: $10). All BETA STOLES MUST BE RETURNED AT THIS TIME-- those are not for sale.
Just a few more pics: Seniors (girls in particular) this is the steps going up to the stage.
Ladies, it has been raining. This area USED to be a FIELD... i.e. MUD.
Just so you know.
PRAY FOR OVERCAST SKIES AND A SLIGHT BREEZE WITH NO RAIN!