School Counseling Referral
If you have concerns about your child please click on the link and complete the google form. A copy will be sent Mrs. Georgia Allen and she will contact you as soon as possible. If you or your child are in immediate danger please call 911!
Who needs to complete Houston County Schools Enrollment Forms?
- Students who will be attending a Houston County School for the first time
- Students new to the district (they have recently moved into the district or previously attended a private school or home-school)
Complete New Student Registration
You will need to provide the following: This paperwork can be printed or picked up at the local school:
Houston County Schools Enrollment Requirements The following documents are required before a student may be enrolled.
Provided by Parent or Guardian:
- Alabama Immunization Record (If you are coming from another state you must obtain an Alabama form from the Houston County Health Department)
- Official Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card (Voluntary)
- Proof of Residence (A utility bill or copy of change address from the post office is required
- Guardianship Records: (Only for students living with someone other than a parent.) Proof of legal guardianship is required by law for all students living with anyone other than a parent.
Provided by Houston County Schools:
- Alabama Application for Student Enrollment
- Cafeteria Sheet (at local school)
- Home Language Survey (at local school)
- Residency Questionnaire
- Special Services Information
- Ethnicity and Race Questionnaire
- Alabama State Department of Education Employment Survey
- Health Assessment Record-Must be completed with or without a medical condition
- Houston County Schools Handbook-Signature page REQUIRED by parent and student (at local school)
I REALLY NEED TO TALK WITH SOMEONE RIGHT NOW. WHO CAN I REACH OUT TO?
Crisis Text Line: text "NAMI” to 741741 to chat with a trained crisis counselor o Free 24/7 text line for those in crisis (English only)
SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline [En Español]: call (800) 985-5990. Press 2 for Spanish-language support. Provides 24/7 crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call (800) 273-TALK (8255)
The Trevor Project Resources: Call (866) 488-7386, instant message a counselor on their website, or text “start” to 678678 24/7 o The Trevor Project is a national organization offering support, including suicide prevention, for LGBTQ youth and their friends
NAMI HelpLine Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., ET (800) 950-6264Additional Resources for StudentsTeen Mental HealthStress Management Tips for Kids and TeensSocial Media and Self EsteemTop Mental Health Apps
Calming Room Resources
Relaxing Waterfall Sounds
Yoga for KidsParent Resources
Mental Illness in Children: Know the signs
The Teen Brain: 7 Things to Know
Stress Management and Teens
Social Media Effects on Teens
Activities for Youth on Mental Health
Parenting Tips in a Pandemic