Wicksburg High/Elementary Library Plan 2020-2021
Anna Gilmore, Media Specialist
Angela Speed, Library Aide
A library packet will be sent home to traditional and virtual students with information regarding AR testing at home & school, virtual storytimes/lessons, and how to access the public library ebooks.
Our #1 priority is to keep the students safe. To do this, traffic must be kept to a minimum in our libraries and the hallway. We will still strive to make sure reading is a priority and we will make sure kids are able to access our materials. Students will not come to the library to visit at this time.
- Books will be distributed to the classrooms for students to read. The books will be checked out in the teachers name
- The kids will choose their book from the basket delivered and keep that book and not share that book. Two books for 1st and 2nd grade per student and 1 chapter book per student in 3rd and up. Of course, special requests can be made by the teacher.
- All books will be kept inside the classroom. No books can go home.
- When books are picked back up and taken to the library, they will be quarantined for 4 days before being shelved or redistributed.
- Teachers and students can collaboratively choose books they want using Atriuum (OPAC) and email those requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Accelerated Reader will only be used as an additional resource for learning. Students can test at home or at school when time permits.
- Virtual reading/lessons will be done by Mrs. Speed and/or special guests. We will share the links for classroom/virtual viewing during their library time.
The lab in the HS Media Center can be used, but you will need to make sure and reserve it. Students will have to be spaced out. About 15 students can use the computers at a time. You will also need to use the seating chart and all computers will be sanitized after each use.
*All is subject to change