FIRST CLASS PRE-K
Alabama's Voluntary Pre-K Program
Alabama’s nationally recognized First Class Pre-K is preparing for another exciting school year!
- Accepting online pre-registration applications for 2020-2021 school year (for assistance with accessing online application contact local school/program)
- Enrollment open to all children four years of age on or before 9/1/20* who are residents of the state of Alabama (children who are eligible for kindergarten are ineligible)
- Enrollees must provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate (may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local school/program)
- Enrollees must provide proof of residence — either a current utility bill or copy of a lease or mortgage (may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local school/program)
- Public school system pre-k programs have zoning requirements that determine eligibility to attend a program at a particular school (contact school for information)
- No Registration Fee for this program
- Upon enrollment, child’s immunization record must be provided
- No child will be denied participation on the basis of income, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability
Pre- Registration Dates:
January 15, 2020 to March 17, 2020
Visit www.children.alabama.gov and see Pre-Registration Info under First Class Pre-K.
Acceptance is strictly through random drawing.
March 17, 2020: Webb Elementary @ 9:00; Ashford @ 1:00, Cottonwood @ 1:30
March 19, 2020: Rehobeth Elementary @ 9:00; Wicksburg @ 1:00
Parent/Guardian does not have to be present at drawing. Notices will be emailed beginning April 16, 2020.
*An opinion of the Attorney General states in effect that under the common law one’s age is computed by including the day of birth So that a given age is attained the day before the birthday anniversary. "Ala. Code §16-28-4(1975) Interpretation based on Report of Attorney General of Alabama October-December 1963, Volume 113, page 20.