Immediate School Closing
In the interest of public safety, Houston County Schools will close today, March 16, 2020, at 3:00 pm central time. All athletic events have been cancelled until further notice. We will remained closed until April 6, 2020, unless otherwise announced.
**Webb Elementary School Kindergarten registration and the drawing for our First Class Pre-K have been postponed until further notice.**
Important Information Regarding Coronavirus
A letter was recently sent home with our students regarding coronavirus. It said:
In light of reported cases of coronavirus in neighboring states, we have been asked to share the following information with students, parents, and guardians of the Houston County School System to keep you informed of our suggestions to help deter any possible health related issues with our faculty, staff, and students.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20-30 seconds.
- Do not touch your face.
- Limit travel and attendance in large crowds.
- Do not shake hands with others.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or sleeve.
- Stay home when sick.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and high-use areas of your home or office with Clorox spray. Do not wipe areas with the same towel or wipe.
- Stay at least three feet away from people who are coughing and sneezing.
- If you develop a cough or fever, seek medical attention early.
Please be mindful of any and all precautions during this time. Click here for more information from the Center for Disease Control.
The Homeless/Migrant Liaison for the Houston County Board of Education is Mr. Derrick Morris.
Please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or 334-792-8331 if you have any questions concerning this.
The local Homeless/Migrant Liaison for Webb Elementary School is Mrs. Jennifer Johnson, the school counselor. You may contact her at email@example.com or 334-792-5744.